Apply For Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in the Beanie Drake Student Leader Endowment Fund. Please read the following points before filling out the application.
The selection process involves review of applications and interviewing of individual candidates. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of current participation and service to campus and community affairs, leadership potential, financial need, and academic achievement. In February, the Board of Directors will meet and evaluate applications, selecting candidates for interviews. Results will then be announced in March and an awards ceremony honoring all finalists will be held.
Requirements Of Application
- A student must plan to attend the Ohio State University Columbus Campus during both Autumn and Spring Semesters during the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Receiving the scholarship will reduce the amount of need-based financial aid for which the student is eligible.
- Past award recipients, past board members, and graduate and professional students are not eligible to apply.
- Past finalists may re-apply.
- Responses for each essay are limited to 200 words or less.
Points to Remember
- Each of the following questions must be answered for the application to be complete.
- Indicate only activities of involvement since starting college (unless you are a first year student).
- Personal information is not seen by the board when they are reviewing the applications. Please do not put your name or any other personal information in the responses to the application questions.
- Note that if you are chosen as a finalist, you will be required to attend a formal interview during the Spring Semester.
- Applications must be submitted by ____.
- Late applications will not be accepted. Applicants are encouraged to apply in advance of the deadline.
- Answers cannot be saved during the application process. Applicants are encouraged to enter their answers in a text editor, such as Microsoft Word, prior to filling out the online application so that they have a saved copy.